Sign in to follow this  
LOELI12

How to get a distance reading to a DME

Hi,

I am not able to figure out, how and on which of the avionics, I get the usual distance reading to a tuned DME. If tuning a VOR/DME, the tracking of the VOR works fine, but I am missing the distance reading to the DME. Are  am I to stupid to find necessary settings, or did Carenado forget to implement it.

Thank you

Bruno 

Bruno

On the far right bottom of PFD, you will find a button called PFD. When you press on it it will allow you to select your BRG 1amd BRG 2. When you set these to follow a VOR the bearing pointer will be displayed on the compass rose and you will get a small window outside the compass rose with the DME.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Hello,

Right above the Garmin G600, you have the DME selector. VOR #1 works with the upper GPS and VOR #2 works with the lower GPS. By default, the DME selector is off. Just select one or two after start. Hope it helps. Best regards.

Real Deraps

Thanks Lmaire

I just started my Seneca V and realized I had given bad information. The directions I gave above will add the Nav 1 and Nav 2 bearing pointers on the compass rose. The DME is exactly as Lmaire describes. I let my G1000 info fuddle my aged brain.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Hi Greg,

thank you for checking it again. I played and played und did not get that mentioned small DME window. Now I can calm down myself, not being as stupid as I thaught already.

Hi,

Lmaire,

thank you for your advise. I did not check throroughly that gauge above the G600. I thought this is inop, as others are. 

Thank you again for your help.

Bruno