Sign in to follow this  
dental12

fsx crash to desktop

Hi

when fsx starts, I see the red message on the top of the screen that says MCE detecting new aircraft settings and then the screen seems to sTART FLICKERING BETWEEN THE MCE  control panel and fsx  and then fsx exits and shuts down to desk top. Im wondering if having the user interface competing with the full screen mode is causing the problem. I checked the box for auto minimize to task bar but the user interface still appeared on the desk top. this did not always happen. only recently. Any help is much appreciated.

thx Lee

Hi, I am sure someone will be along to answer this.

In the meantime, here is what I do.

I always start FSX and select the desired aircraft first. Allow the aircraft to load fully.

Sitting in the cockpit, with all the weather loaded, I then start MCE.

If I am running a PMDG sim I always wait until the countdown has finished. If you don't wait for the aircraft to be initialised MCE may not function.

Since I run FSX in windowed mode and always have the MCE GUI visible on my second screen my setup differs slightly. But the end result should be the same if you always allow the aircraft to load first.

Hope that helps

Best regards

David.

I checked the box for auto minimize to task bar but the user interface still appeared on the desk top

That option will only minimize MCE to system tray after no more click is detected within 45 seconds or so.

The option most useful to your scenario is under "advanced settings" panel, "User Interface". To acces it, click <More options> button in General tab of the UI.

Tick option "Start to tray", and MCE will not draw the user interface at all, until you right click the system tray icon and ask it to display itself.