Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BelowMinimums

77W and 77L/F paintkit inserting random windows

So I've painted a few liveries on the 77L and 77F and the paintkit always inserted one window on top of the fuselage just forward of the left side cargo door, nowhere else and in EVERY paint I tried to make. Since it was just one window it didn't bother me too much and I brushed it off.

But now I saw someone request a Swiss Air 77W repaint, and since it's incredibly easy I did it, but was met with an entire upper fuselage full of windows... and this was just ridiculous.

I'm probably doing something wrong, since there have been hundreds of liveries without these windows, but here was my process:

On the 77L and 77F it only put one window up top and I just dealt with it, but an entire line of windows is just ridiculous. But whats really odd is the left side has nothing!

I used the PMDG 77W paintkit, painted the Swiss stuff on the Fuse Master, cut each part to Fuse1, Fuse2 and Fuse3 then flipped it and saved as a .bmp, then used DXT Bitmap Manipulator to save it as a .dds DXT5

Here is the image with the windows:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5582/14863839672_c90202c089_o.png

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Intel Core i7 940@2.93GHz  |  Windows 7 64 bit Professional

Evga GTx 650 1 GB              |  6 GBs of RAM

Ryan Kolling                         |  Full Motherboard Specs: Here

You didn't flip the alpha, did you.

--Peter Fabian 
RTFM.jpg

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

17%
    $4,475.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now