Sign in to follow this  
Dufflepod

Smuggy McSmug of Smugsville

Eight weeks ago, inspired by YouTube videos from froogle & FSXreality, I took the plunge and bought a swathe of Sim software. I know that's exactly what people say you shouldn't do, but I figured if it keeps me out the pub it will pay for itself in no time (It has!)

FSX Gold Edition
PMDG 747-400 & 737 NGX
Airbus X Extended (still not opened this one!)
Active Sky Next
UTX Europe & GEX
EGGP Xtreme and EGKK Xtreme
PFPX + TopCat
Saitek X55 stick & throttle
ExDoc camera
FS2crew for both Boeings

I have no previous Sim experience, but my ultimate goal was to fly the 747 from Liverpool EGGP to Gatwick EGKK, and to do it in a sensible and correct way from start to finish. From creating the flight plan, weight & fuel planning, takeoff/landing performance, through to the FMC, understanding the charts, SIDs STARs, METARs and everything.

Well, after crawling up the learning-curve for weeks, I've just finished my first, perfect, flight, and I'm absolutely thrilled.

I didn't use FS2crew because I haven't learnt all the responses, and without ILS & autopilot I'd probably be a big splodge on the runway, but it went prefectly and I'm feeling particularly pleased with myself at the moment :)

Unfortunately it's nearly 2 am here in the UK and I had to tell someone, so I decided to post it here.

Simming rocks!

Onward and upward,
Dufflepod

Smug factor 9.2, possibly a 9.3

american-psycho-bateman.jpeg

Tony Hanratty

I remember my first "perfect" flight! I thought I knew it all and could fly this plane forwards and er... backwards? I learn something new about my planes each time I do a flight, even if it's as simple as figuring out an ideal setting at a certain airport, or where that one knob is that I've been looking for!

Welcome to flight simming! There's just nothing else like the gratification you get from successfully flying from point A to point B. It just can't be explained to regular folk.