Sign in to follow this  
Pilot25

Smoother Landings?

Hi everyone.

Since using the pmdg 777 its  been a great aircraft But I'm looking for some tips to help me with my landings. I use the Suggested speed with flaps on the approach page in the fmc. And as soon as I hear 50 feet I bring the throttles to idle and pull back on the stick. My aircraft then climbs. I then try to Undo my error and push forward and then back. So as you can see my landings are gonna be rough. 

Any tips on how to make smoother landings in the 777?

I only have the 200lr/f base pack.

Thank you all so much.

Hi everyone.

Since using the pmdg 777 its  been a great aircraft But I'm looking for some tips to help me with my landings. I use the Suggested speed with flaps on the approach page in the fmc. And as soon as I hear 50 feet I bring the throttles to idle and pull back on the stick. My aircraft then climbs. I then try to Undo my error and push forward and then back. So as you can see my landings are gonna be rough. 

I only have the 200lr/f base pack.

Thank you all so much.

Just to eliminate any FS issues, when you pull your throttles to idle, are the engines going to idle?

Assuming the engines are throttling back, you don't need to flare very much. A few degrees should do it.

Jon Skiffington

Looks like you must be pulling back on the stick a bit more than needed...what helped me is setting up a null zone on the column axis..so even a bit more pull resulted in a lesser flare.This kept the plane from climbing again.you can set your control column null zone in fmc. Don't pull back immediately after pulling the levers to idle..give it a second to have the engine start going to idle..jet engines take time to spool down..so if you put engines on idle and pull back at the same time it will climb briefly.so at 50 ft reduce it to idle .at 30 ft start flaring..and keep an eye on vertical speed..this will help u figure out what are you doing wrong..

The (included) FCTM has many techniques.  My guess is that you're trying to flare too quickly.  The flare is properly a slow, smooth rotation.

Kyle Rodgers