Sign in to follow this  
SolRayz

FTX Vector and P3D

I thought I would pass this along for other Vector users since this has significantly helped me with performance, particularly in urban areas. I always suspected that Vector may have had elements that were major bottlenecks, but I think I found the culprits.

I disabled primary, secondary, and tertiary roads and had about 10-15fps increase over my test area which is heavily urban part of South Florida. Where I was getting a fluctuating 15-25fps, I am now hitting 30-40's in the same area. But besides the FPS increase, the sim is much smoother, more butter, if you will, particularly when panning with trackIR.  I may be able to leave primary roads enabled, but I still need to go through and test more.

If anyone has any other advice at tweaking Vector, please share! Thanks!

2U9VT.jpg

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Do you have frames problem in every area? I got the problem only in JFK, there my frames drops to 15 :(.

I understand shutting down the roads to gain FPS but doesn't that seem a bit counter productive in that the road network should be a primary function of the product? :Thinking:   The reason I ask is I have been sort of on the fence about buying Orbx Vector but from what I have read so far it seems like sticking with what I already have (UTX series) seems to make a bit more sense in terms of performance and cost.

RE Thomason Jr.