Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Comm1, Comm2 question?

I might be missing something really simple, but I seem to have an issue changing radios between comm2 and comm1 in the 1900D. There only seems to be one radio which says in the tooltip "comm2 active". Even if I switch the switch to change comms to Comm1, the radio still says "Comm2 active".

Am I missing something, or is there a bug / fix?

Also is there a general user guide for all the B1900 systems, as there are only specific guides provided with the download?

Cheers,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

If I click on the toggle switches on the audio panel, the radio appears to switch between COM1 and COM2..

Is it possibly just the Tooltip that is incorrect?

Bert

Could be Bert, but I didn't think my frequencies change. I'll need to double check.

Does your tooltip (if turned on) also still reflect comm2 when switch set to comm1?

I guess one could also use the GNS530 unit to set/check comm1.

I'm more an analogue sort of guy and don't often use the Garmin screen.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Switching frequencies on the GNS530 is quite a different

thing than selecting the COM radio on the audio panel..

The GNS530 has COM1 (only) with a standby frequency that can be toggled..

The audio panel selects between the two COM radios, COM1 and COM2..

The COM2 radio is one of Collins units in the B1900.

Bert

Late to the party here but noticed the same problem on my last flight. I don't have tool tips active but I had an ATIS freq on Com 2 (analogue) and centre frequency on Com 1 (GNS). I flicked the audio panel switches so Com 2 was UP (active) and it looks to be connected to Com 1 as only one of them can be "on" at a time. Listened to ATIS, wrote it down, then flicked back to Com 1. I noticed the ATIS text continued to scroll and update across the top of my screen even though Com 1 was active. Am I missing something? I'm at work so am only visualizing the panel but is there a way to listen to Com 2 while remaining on active Com 1? Thanks!

I noticed the ATIS text continued to scroll and update across the top of my screen even though Com 1 was active. Am I missing something? I'm at work so am only visualizing the panel but is there a way to listen to Com 2 while remaining on active Com 1? Thanks!

That's just an FSX'ism.  Once the ATIS text starts to stream it completes showing the full ATIS even if you switch frequencies.  You can demonstrate this with just COM1 by flip-flopping the freqency away from an ATIS just as a new scroll of text begins.  You'll see the same thing.

Scott

ahh ok thanks Scott. I was probably flipping back and forth re-starting the text each time! It was a dark night cruise so I was bored and the text was quite bright compared to the background. I think I'll take the text off anyways as it's not very realistic.