Sign in to follow this  
Timberleaf

ASN - Higher Res Blue Marble Map Background?

Is there available higher resolution Blue Marble map background textures, or another replacement map set that would be of a higher quality? I see the ones in the "high res" folder. I am seeking more detailed.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The map would be better with either Open Streets or Google maps as the background. You could just show either a base map, terrain or satellite view. Where's the Hifi suggestion box?

There is no hi-res checkbox.

Edit: I agree that a higher res like Open Streets© / Google Maps© would be a beautiful thing. If not these, than a legal equivalent.

There is a folder called hires in the ASN folder for texture use of the Blue Marble background. I have found, it isn't hires at all. When zoomed in for detail within the ASN map, the background is so blurry I cannot tell where I am. This isn't SO bad, but I would say calling it hires when you are zoomed out to 500 miles above the ground is not the same as saying it is hires when you are zoom in to detailed viewing 50 miles.

This is the point of my question... how to take what is called hires background textures and really HAVE hires background textures...?

I would also like the coloured overlaid weather report areas to be more transparent so that they do not obscure the details so much.

Cheers, Richard