Sign in to follow this  
AFavors

777-300 bouncing after update

Hello,

Just finally updated to the latest version of the 777-300 (I believe 6061) and now on load up the aircraft is bouncing up and down. I really didn't think I needed an update as I only purchased the 777 on Aug. 1st, which was after the update was released. But the operations manager kept saying it was out of date. Previously I had no problems at all. Is there a quick fix, or something I did wrong that can rectify this, short of uninstalling both the 772 and 773 and reinstalling.

Aaron Favors

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Mine was bouncing after I installed SP1b so I deleted the fsx.CFG file and that solved the problem.

Hello dmwalker,

Thanks for the info, but where do I find the right .cfg file. I see a lot of them in the FSX folder

Aaron

Aaron,

In my case, it's in Desktop \ DMWalker \ AppData \ Roaming \ Microsoft \ FSX and there may be three files: fsx.CFG,  fsx.CFG.text plus  and  OLD fsx.CFG.

Ignore fsx.CFG.text plus and OLD fsx.CFG.

Rather than deleting fsx.CFG, it's safer just to rename it as fsx.CFG.bak so you can reinstate it if something goes wrong.

The next time you start FSX, it will automatically recreate the fsx.CFG file and everything should be OK

Just finally updated to the latest version of the 777-300 (I believe 6061) and now on load up the aircraft is bouncing up and down. I really didn't think I needed an update as I only purchased the 777 on Aug. 1st, which was after the update was released. But the operations manager kept saying it was out of date. Previously I had no problems at all. Is there a quick fix, or something I did wrong that can rectify this, short of uninstalling both the 772 and 773 and reinstalling.

Mine was bouncing after I installed SP1b so I deleted the fsx.CFG file and that solved the problem.

Bear in mind that if you remove the fsx.cfg file you will lose all the tweaks you may have added, including the very important HIMEM fix.

Did you also install  SP1B before you installed the updated 300ER?  What version of the 200LR is showing in the OC?  It should also be 6061.  BTW SP1B for both the 200LR and 300ER was released after August 1.

Mike

Bear in mind that if you remove the fsx.cfg file you will lose all the tweaks you may have added, including the very important HIMEM fix.

Yes, I should have mentioned this but I assumed that, since he didn't know where the fsx.CFG file was, he probably hadn't made any modifications to it.

Yes, I should have mentioned this but I assumed that, since he didn't know where the fsx.CFG file was, he probably hadn't made any modifications to it.

Hi, Dugald,

When someone has a very unusual problem I think it's probably due to an installation error that he needs to trouble shoot.  Otherwise the problem is still there or he might lose some other worthwhile modification to the fsx.cfg file that can cause problems later.  BTW I often have to go back and figure out which is the active fsx.cfg file.  Also, I find it hard to believe his 777 is working OK without the HIMEM fix.

Mike