Sign in to follow this  
Guest DLM9000

Online Virtual Environments

Guest DLM9000

Is IVAO and VatSim the same environment?I flew on VATSIM a long time ago.Dennis

They're separate networks.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Sadly no, they are seperate -- sadly because that splits up the ATC & pilots. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I guess folks can't always agree.VATSIM has a good presence in N.A. & Europe as well as other places. With the new online client's release, traffic has at least doubled as well.The new VATSIM client is SquawkBox 3, also FSInn has just been released too, and it is compatible with VATSIM too.IVAO has IVapp (?), also apparently an easy client to use.I have not flown on IVAO, but from ServInfo IVAO seems to have mainly a European presence. I am happy to stand corrected if some IVAO folks can fill in more details.I would be happiest if the networks could somehow merge.* Orest-~~~~~~~~~Orest Skrypuchwww.united-virtual.comUAL1445 Staff ORDFO

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Guest DLM9000

Which on is "Whazzup" looking at?DM

Hi Chase,I'm about to start myself. Did you go to a small non-busy airprot and start there, or go straight to the busy stuff- and how did you do?Thanks, Bruce.

If you are comfortable with your aircraft, with ATC terminology and communications, and with flying SIDs and STARs (or airspaces if flying VFR), then you're probably good to just jump in and fly about anywhere - though you might avoid REALLY busy areas, in case you mess up and ATC doesn't have time to help you out.If not, I'd recommend flying out of an airport that has a few pilots around. Flying in the middle of nowhere does little to help you learn. You can also just listen in on a busy channel to get a better idea of what's going on - just file a flight plan and indicate that you are observing. Still, I think the best way to learn is to dive in heads first - just be sure to thoroughly read through the materials in the Pilot Resource Center first.-Smitty

Guest av84fun

Chase, did you go with FSInn or SB3? What was the "learning curve" like getting the software installed and getting on-line?THANKS!Jim

Guest DLM9000

Correction:Which 'one' is Whazzup looking at, IVAO or VATSIM?Dennis