Sign in to follow this  
stretch1365

ILS issues

Hi all,

I am currently flying round the world, not all in one go but small steps at a time. My aircraft has so far gone from the UK to New Zealand via the states, but I like to explore each area I stop off in.

The other day I flew from Christchurch to Wellington NZCH-NZWN in the PMDG 737, during approach to RWY16, I noticed there wasn't an active glideslop at NZWN. Odd I thought, it usually works fine, so after I landed I tried a circuit in the BN2 islander. Now this time I used the other runway 34 and found the ILS indications working backwards, the bar moved to the right but I had to fly to the left etc. I wondered if I had the course set wrong, but no it wasn't that. I even returned home to EGNX and flew a circuit in the QW757 and that worked perfectly.

So after all these frustrations in Wellington, it got me thinking. I have recently updated my AIRAC cycle and FMS data to 1408 so I asked on their forum if this is a consequence of the update, and it isn't. mmmm. So is there an easy way to check and alter any erroneous ILS' at any airport I might come across during my travels. I am happy to delve into files in fsx with good instructions on what to do, but what am I looking for if I do and can I open files if there is an error and change it.

Thanks for any help anyone can shed on this. 

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

See my further comments on the Navigraph forum...

DJ

Thanks DJ,

I have posted a comment on Navigraph forum, it dawned on me that if my problem was fsx not Navigraph, then perhaps I should be asking my question here instead of on their forum.

Anyway thanks for the comments.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Thanks DJ,

I have posted a comment on Navigraph forum, it dawned on me that if my problem was fsx not Navigraph, then perhaps I should be asking my question here instead of on their forum.

Anyway thanks for the comments.

Have you ever updated your FSX NAVAIDS? See my post here, in other similar topic:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/449989-aerosoft-mega-airport-frankfurt-eddf-scenery-and-ils-changes/#entry3062019

There is a link to "ILS Inspector" also, which can be used to check and edit ILS

Hi B247NG,

I will have a look at the link to the ILS inspector, thanks.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.