Sign in to follow this  
Piper9t3

Heathrow Xtended + All Orbx + REX4 = You Know What!

So based on my sim settings the new EGLL uses approx 500mb of VAS

VAS Increase = 0.372GB or 372MB

Excellent, very helpful and thank you.

372-500MB ... does seem like a lot so I'm guessing they pushed the boundaries on detail for EGLL.  I don't have the product, any options to turn off features via a Control Panel in the Aerosoft Launcher?

I know FB's and FSDT airports come in around 200-300MB VAS

When I do long haul flights from FB and/or FSDT from/to airports in a complex aircraft I don't have A LOT of room for extra VAS (espcially after using GSX services on both airports) -- so it's important for me to understand what my departure and destination airports are going to consume, looks like Aerosoft's EGLL might be too close to the edge.

Thanks for the info folks.

Cheers, Rob.

I just went from Fsdt KORD to Fsdt KDEN, starting hearing pinging on final and OOM taxiing to parking.  Then from fsdt KDEN to fb KPHX, again OOM on final.  Using ORBX global/vector, my traffic and ASN.  Using the new Lionheart Learjet.

Rob

Unfortunately the scenery does not come with any configurator so I will need to tweak down settings if planning a flight to EGLL.  I wonder if I disable FTX England and just stick with FTX Global should save me heaps of VAS no?  Will try this out and see what happens.  Either way, this place is unflyable without reducing addons and sliders as far as I am concerned. 

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Now whenever I fly to Fly Tampa's CYUL I get an OOM. This is usually from a smallish default airport. So I guess now I just depart from CYUL until something is fixed.

When you think fsdreamteam KLAX handles the airport and area fine, it seems EGLL needs to be made from fsdreamteam or flightbeam to get EGLL working within the London area. 4GB for just an airport is a joke, flightbeam KDEN is a work of art, and fps friendly but it is not next to London but ever so it's nothing like the size to 4 GB but much bigger in size it's self to heathrow.

But KLAX is a bench mark for an airport in a huge city. Even if it's next to the sea :)

agree, agree, agree, AGREE!

heathrow should be made by FSD, Flight Beam or Fly Tampa NOT aerosoft.