Sign in to follow this  
skytecuk

PMDG 777 Demo?

13 hours ago, WalkersAviation said:

Can i run this on my system i have a Surface pro 4 Intel core i5-6300U CPU At 2.40 GHz oc to 2.50 Ghz

And 4GB of Ram. Im planning on getting a monitor and yoke too and i want to know if it is worth my money

Welcome to the forum. Please note that full names - first and last - are required here in the forum.

Additionally, the product page provides the min specs. I honestly wouldn't run Flight Sim on a Surface, because of how limited the processors are there (and because they lack GPUs). Moreover, they're going to throttle quite a lot because of cooling.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Really, there should be a demo soas to test compatibility etc.

Not directed specifically at PMDG but at the industry in general:  software EUAs are decidedly one-sided, not in favor of the consumer.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Really, there should be a demo soas to test compatibility etc.

Not directed specifically at PMDG but at the industry in general:  software EUAs are decidedly one-sided, not in favor of the consumer.

Give people a working copy of software as something to hammer on to further piracy...? No thanks.

Kyle Rodgers

11 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Give people a working copy of software as something to hammer on to further piracy...? No thanks.

What about waiting until after the software is already cracked and available to pirates (as virtually any software inevitably is in time)? What's the downside of a demo then?

I say this as someone who's already sold on the incredible work that PMDG does, who's bought everything you guys put out. I don't need a demo! But clearly you guys are losing at least some quantum of potential customers who would be wowed by a limited demo of what you can do.

James

1 minute ago, honanhal said:

What about waiting until after the software is already cracked and available to pirates (as virtually any software inevitably is in time)? What's the downside of a demo then?

I say this as someone who's already sold on the incredible work that PMDG does, who's bought everything you guys put out. I don't need a demo! But clearly you guys are losing at least some quantum of potential customers who would be wowed by a limited demo of what you can do.

Simply a business decision: what's the risk versus the reward? Our business decision is no demo.

Kyle Rodgers

48 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

That ship has sailed, brother Kyle.  You know that.  ;-)  On occasion they're even fool enough to show up here looking for support.

Demos might expand your paying customer base.

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Boomer said:

That ship has sailed, brother Kyle.  You know that.  ;-)  On occasion they're even fool enough to show up here looking for support.

Demos might expand your paying customer base.

Has it, though?

You know that people have actually successfully, and fully cracked our software? You must have some shady friends, or I don't know you as well as I thought I did...interesting information you have there.

Again: people keep asserting hanging software out there for free will magically increase paying customers more than it would sacrifice sales by essentially handing crackers a free version to hammer on. How, exactly, are you coming by this information? How can you legitimately argue that, if one were to be a cracker, and had an opportunity to crack any software out there, that cracker would go for something behind a pay wall, versus something just hanging out there like proverbial low hanging fruit...?

You all are walking dangerously along the line of publicly acknowledging knowing more about this part of the industry than you should. I get what you're saying, in theory, but what you're saying is somewhat the equivalent of telling Tesla: "hey, if anyone could just jump in your car at any time of day, you'd sell more copies! Ignore the fact that people steal your cars sometimes, because people steal cars. Once they're stolen, you might as well just leave one out in front of your dealership unlocked so that people can test drive it before they buy it. Just put a limiting radius in the software to force them to come back to the dealership. Don't worry about people getting in the cars and attempting to disable any of that. Like I said...people steal cars. Why worry about people stealing more, since leaving said car out to be test driven all day will increase sales?!?"

Guys...c'mon...use a little bit of logic here...

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Hi,

Just a thought since I don't know how the protectction works. Why not issue demo with license key that expires after sometime like it already exists for other software? wouldn't it protect the copy the same way a definitely sold copy is protected? Once your demo free license expires you would have to buy a definitive license or you could not use your copy anymore?

What would be the difference with a directly definitive license?

Edit: I guess you thought already about that, but just wondering...

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Okay. We're going to end this one here.

We don't do demos. The risk outweighs the reward. Period. End.

I know you all think you have groundbreaking ideas about how to run businesses. If you like your idea that much, you can be the ones to hang your IP out there in the open, for free, to depend solely on the anti-piracy measures of the product itself. Be sure to link me when you do, so I can support you.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers