Sign in to follow this  
GridNorth

VOXATC not allowing me to depart

I keep getting the message "unable at this time" when I request clearance to depart and I just sit there unable to take off. Initially this also happened when I requested permission to start engines.  I ran the voice training again several times and got past this particular issue only for my demo to expire.  Tegwyn very kindly extended this and I managed to get a little further.  The voice recognition appears to recognise my voice but I'm beginning to wonder if the software is mature enough.  I don't know if it's the Microsoft voice recognition or VOXATC either way I'm a little reluctant to part with any money if I cannot get this to work seamlessly.  I expect to have to repeat myself now and again but to end up just sitting there unable to proceed is frustrating.  I have read threads on here with similar issues that suggest that there may be problems with the latest release of software?

Alan

Alan,

I don't think it's a voice recognition issue but something specific to that airport scenery or runway.  Try using the menu '0' - see if you can select a different runway - also test another airport to test further.

"Seamlessly working" ?  Hmmm....I'm not sure I've ever had my FSX system working seamlessly - but I've come close.  With all these many addons having to play nice with each other it's a wonder it works at all :)   My VoxATC setup was perhaps the best ATC I've used when integrated with the UT2 bridge for additional air traffic.  The only problem in recognition would be a continual repeat of hold at runway instruction - but would only have to repeat it once each time.

I've had similar issues you describe - and it's usually related to some addon that Vox doesn't like - something about runway hold-short lines not positioned just right or something.  I've tried comparing airports and runways that work and don't, but could never figure out what the issue was on those few ones that cause problems.

John

The only add ons I have are Orbx England scenery and FSUIPC but what you suggest sounds like a good idea.  I'll try it with both another airport and default scenery.  

Yes, seamlessly is perhaps a little optimistic.  FSX is the most frustrating software I've ever used,  you just get one thing working and something else pops out of the woodwork.

Brilliant, thank god for forums.  I moved from my small local airport at Gloucester to Bristol International, everything worked a treat.  I did a full VFR flight circuit and VOXATC did everything it should, at least as far as my limited experience can tell.

Alan

Interesting, i use those too i should do a test and see if i can re-create the issue you are experiencing. I also have the Alaska scenery and indeed i had to do some modifications regarding some of the airport AFCAD's to make them useful in Vox Atc, because even though they look visually appealing, apparently they weren't created with AI traffic functionality in mind. 

Just to let you know, i ran a circuit at Gloucester (EGBJ). Take off runway was 36 and everything went smooth, no hickup besides an AI turning in a circle one time around the taxiway centerline trying to find the path (not a big deal) but in the end he departed the airport without any other incidents.

I did however took a peek on the airport AFCAD made by Orbx with ADE and edited some stuff they put in there i knew Vox would dislike.