Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Thank you Tom!

Tom, Thank you so much for the pics from the Smithsonian's NASM! My wife and I are planning a trip to D.C. today and I told her that I wanted to go there and she said that she would not enjoy it. Then I saw your pictures, asked her to look at them and now she wants to go! You saved my vacation, thanks to you I can add the museum to our agenda. How long did it take you to go through the entire exhibit? Do you have any other advise for a visit there?Thanks!Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Glad we could help "convince" your better half. You owe me big time!!! :-lolTime: I was with two collegues from work. One of them likes to read EVERY placard in the place at least twice. Our total visit time was some 2.5 to 3 hours. However, we did not do the full motion space sim, nor did we do the IMAX. IMAX will add at least an hour. We did to the observation deck, but did not do the ATC simulation. The lines in the observation deck and ATC tower can be long to get into the elevator (up or down), so be prepared for a wait if you decide to do the tower.Advice: wear sneakers and an AVSIM shirt, hat, or I LOVE AVSIM button. It won't get you any discounts, but it WILL make my aching feet feel better.Only fee is the $12.00 for parking. IMAX is $13.00 each for Adults, and the space full motion sim is $6.00.Don't go hungry and plan your visit either before lunch or after. All they have there is Subway (boxed lunches brought in mulitple times during the day). If you happen to be there over lunch, be prepared to eat somewhat soggy Subway Subs with limited choices available.Have fun! I am sure you are going to enjoy it and maybe your wife will too!

I visited about a month ago. Went during the week. There was an inital crush of school kids right at opening, but once we got past them it was easy going. About 1/2 hour after opening they give the "moprning" tours (free). Recommended, as there isn't that good info posted at the various exhibits. Tour was advertised as 2 hours but our docent spent about 3 1/2 hours and it was very worthwhile.We didn't do the movie or ATC or sim (the guy I went with is a FEDEX727 pilot and used to do FAA examiner for flight engineer, so didn't need any extra sim time :) )scott s..