Sign in to follow this  
skippy7x2q3z

Boxed PMDG 777 release date pushed back again and again

Even if that is a licensed PMDG vendor, which I don't think it is, that is a horrible deal. 80 Eur converts to so much more than 90 USD.

I can't imagine anyone having the chutspah to openly advertise DVD versions of PMDG products unless they are authorized to do so, but I still found myself asking if this deal is legit since it is the only DVD version of the PMDG 777 that I have spotted on the net thus far, and it was evidently released with little or no fanfare in this forum, which I just found odd.  

Assuming that this DVD offer is in fact a legitimate one, that higher price might still be considered worthwhile by old-school collectors like me, who try whenever possible to acquire an official CD or DVD to go in my bookshelf alongside with other rarities like the now extinct CD version of the Level D 767.    I went ahead and splurged to buy one of these boxed versions, in case they vanish from the market after a relatively short run of online sales.  Boxed versions will always be more...tangible to me, than direct downloads that I can't see and grope.

Best regards from Tony, at the helm of the flying desk.

The release date on that website is exactly the same as the release date on the Aerosoft shop.

Perhaps they just buy the boxes from Aerosoft, and resell them.

...and this is why it's 2014 and people buy downloaded products.

Put the download on a CD.  Draw a pretty picture.  Same thing.  No wait.  No shipping.  No issues.

Kyle Rodgers