Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

IRIS Batlefield Airlifter

Has anyone got the autopilot to work in approach mode? I noticed APR will not work if HDGi is on or ALT is on. No glidslope indication on the HSI either. I have yet to successfully complete one ILS landing using the autopilot. The Iris forum always shows an error, always. It is useless.

Hi,

had one or two successfull ILS captures but the autopilot always try to chase the glideslope :(

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

I am having some issues with the latest release (Oct 2014) of this aircraft.  Some of the issues are compared to the previous version that has been out  for a number of years.

1. Takeoff speed callouts are no longer being announced.  These were operational in the previous version.

2.  "Gear-Up Positive Rate" announcement no longer works.  They worked in the previous version.  On both #1 and 2, the GWS (######ing Betty) was checked as On.

3.  In both the previous version and the new one, the AP  ILS Approach and Back Course tracking never seemed to work properly.  The A/C had to almost be on a direct line with the Inbound Course Heading and "below" the active glideslope for the AP to intercept and track.  Once you select the "APPR" or "BC" AP mode, the AP Altitude Hold mode was disengaged and would often fluctuate both up and down in altitude.  In all other aircraft,  the AP APPR mode would not cancel the Alt Hold mode and you could remain at the set altitude until intercepting the Glideslope when the APPR mode would take over.  I've flown APPR/BC mode intercepts thousands of times and never had this issue with another aircraft.

4. On the earlier version, the "Altitude Callouts" worked well.  On the new version, the "10 feet" callout and touchdown are simultaneous.

5. On both versions, I have been unable to locate the Nav Radio "Ident" buttons.

7.  I cannot locate the "Glidesope" needle on any of the gauges when making an ILS Approach. 

8.  On the "Legs" page of the  FMC/CRU, the Waypoint names are limited to 4 instead of the actual 5 characters of the name.

9.  When using the HUD, very often it is impossible to use the mouse cursor to locate and change the current Altitude Hold setting on the AP.

10.  When starting the engines from Cold and Dark, I use the following method:

a.  From the Upper OH Panel turn on DC Power mode

b.  From the CDU Panel States page, select the Power On - Engine option

c.  After engines are running normally, the Manual says to select the LSK5R - Takeoff button to "Configure the aircraft  for Takeoff procedures after use of the Power On - Engine feature".

Can anyone tell me what this actually configures on the aircraft.  The manual says nothing else about it.  Does it set flaps, trim...what?

These are the issues I have found so far.  If anyone else can confirm/not confirm they are having these same issues, it would be appreciated.  I have posted a number of messages on the IRIS Forums back in October and so far have only had a couple of responses from a couple of users that didn't help.  I've also PM'd David Love-Brice directly and haven't heard anything.

Please remember that these issues are on the "newest" version released in October 2014.

Thanks very much for your help.

G´day Mike,

havent flown the C-27 now for quite some time. But i have the same problem with the autopilots APPR mode. Concerning your start up as afaik it will only be set in a engine up and running state with all systems online. I usually start the C-27 via LINDA progammed USB controller.  I think your error report is something for the guys over @ Iris.

It is sad that they didnt update it as it is one nice airframe i like to fly. 

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

G´day Mike,

havent flown the C-27 now for quite some time. But i have the same problem with the autopilots APPR mode. Concerning your start up as afaik it will only be set in a engine up and running state with all systems online. I usually start the C-27 via LINDA progammed USB controller.  I think your error report is something for the guys over @ Iris.

It is sad that they didnt update it as it is one nice airframe i like to fly. 

Thanks Mickey.

Just confirming that I don't set the "Takeoff" option until all engines are up and running and all systems are online.  I can't see any changes on any of the gauges, or any differences on the aircraft physically.

Cheers,

An update to my previious post regarding issues with this aircraft.

I just started flying the aircraft in cold weather areas (N. Japan) and while using realtime weather (OPUS) noticed that the speedometer would not register anything other than 000 kts.  Lack of airspeed indication is usally an indication that the Pitot tubes are iced up.  I double checked ALL of the Anti-Ice controls and verified that they are all "On"  ("Off" lights are extinguished.)

Has anyone else noticed this, or perhaps found a solution?

Thanks,

Mike