Sign in to follow this  
vonduck

FSPS Frictionality - anyone tried this yet?

Hi guys,

Just saw this and has always been a bug bear for many... any one tried this to see if its worth it? A couple of comments i have heard is that it works very well... although setting it up may be harder than thought if one doesn't know the right parameters to use?

Cheers

Doug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

It actually works. Very realistic. Its easy to setup. The thing is, the friction values are already set for you by default,

Popular Aircraft profiles are provided build-in for ease of starting up.

Ability to load profile from another aircraft. If they are similar models there is no need to set all the way the second aircraft.

Its changing the values based on your own liking, that's what may get complicated.

Cool! Thanks for replying! Looks like a goer then!

Cheers

Doug

Edit - bought and installed but will not connect to the sim (2.4) hence unusable!

have asked on the forum but disappointed it didn't work out of the box

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Ah indeed! Found the problem!

As i run in SLI mode, i use the AFR-FreindlyD3D.cfg to run the sim... it simply wont recognize that... but when i run the normal .cfg it fires up no problem...

I must say its very good... i used the default Aerosoft A320 profile for my Airbus and seems to work well...

I learned that READING THE MANUAL is a must! I went to change the runway in Gatwick form dry to wet as it was raining there (this is during mid flight by the way) and the plane just went berserk! Ended up cancelling the flight and restarting...

Apparently you're meant to close the weather engine and set the runway then fire up the weather engine again!

Unless of course the program reads the weather engine and sets the appropriate runway conditions?

Doug 

Nope. no need to select the runway conditions ever time. When you start up Frictionality, It knows the runway conditions and will change the ground physics automatically. 

Nope. no need to select the runway conditions ever time. When you start up Frictionality, It knows the runway conditions and will change the ground physics automatically.

Travis any drop in frame rates with it running?

Thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hey gboz, It doesn't. I dont see any difference in FPS with or without it.

Great, thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

hope that LM adds this feature on the near future, really this should come with the sim itself.