Sign in to follow this  
exzimbo

Cabin Crew Announcements

Any recommendations on a suitable add on for the JS41 for cabin announcements, would fs2crew be overkill?

Thanks

FS2Crew is a superb addon for the J41, however if you will only use the cabin crew announcements then it is definitely over kill.

You could get FS Passengers but it's not supported by the author any more and personally, I find it annoying and unrealistic.

There are a few cabin crew announcement packages about but I haven't used any of them, such as Ultimate Airline Crew 2014 from JustFlight and FS Cabin Crew from FS Pilot Shop. Both are under $15.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I don't think FS2Crew is an overkill for any aircraft as most aircraft have somebody in the second seat.

There is a freeware package on AVSIM that was built for FS2004 but works with FSX. It basically gives you a 2D panel with switches on to play WAV files which you select as and when.

Another option is Multi Crew Experience. This works sort of like FS2Crew in that you have a co-pilot to speak to. It is also not aircraft specific so it is not tied to the J41. It does not have cabin crew sounds built in, but the option to build scripts gives you the ability to add these. You could built a script to sat to run when you say something like "Cabin crew, arm all doors." and then have a script to play a WAV file for cabin safety information.

Thanks for the recommendations, I will check them out. I know FS2Crew is highly regarded and the implementation on the jS41 is excellent I believe. My reluctance here is that I enjoy the high workload when flying the JS41 and adding a co-pilot may impact on that? I'll let you know what I plunge for. All suggestions welcome :)

Went for FSCABINCREW. It was only a few pounds via download, so not much of a risk. Very basic with just cabin announcements, but was what I wanted. If anybody has any other recommendations let me know. Thanks

Full names here, gents. Please. I really don't want to be the bad guy here, but if people don't start following that rule, posts are going to start disappearing. RSR has outlined the action. I've been a little soft on the uptake to give people time to adjust, but it's going to get to that point quickly if people don't shape up.

Full name (first - last) at the bottom of your post, or configured through the signature function or posts evaporate.

I will say, though, that FS2Crew is worth having. I used it in a quick tutorial, here:

Kyle Rodgers

Just watched the FS2CREW demo above. Thanks Kyle, gave me an opportunity to assess the add-on. Great tutorial...and yes I'm going to get it.

Mark Duff

I use the free FDSFX panel available here on AVSIM.   I then go to youtube and find the sounds I want and download, edit and add to the panel. I now have about

4,000 little sound files for about 70 different airlines.

Bill