Sign in to follow this  
cavcpt

SPAD and 2.4

Evening Sim Fans, 

Did the SPAD software for the SAITEK Pro-Flight panel stop working with 2.4? My panels are generally unusable now due to a sticky, and delayed response at best. The radios work okay for the most part but the other panels are nearly useless. Have I missed something? The panels still work great in FSX. 

Thanks, 

Stephen Luebbert

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

I have at least been using Master, Starter, Avionics, Gear up/down, Flaps, Pitch Trim and a few Autopilot and Radio functions in 2.4 under SPAD and did not notice anything unusal.

Kind regards, Michael

Yes, it works a little slower and a bit stutterish on my panels, but I think I know why.

In 2.3 I used affinitymask leaving some cores free and configured SPAD to use those free cores.

Now in 2.4 I leaved both Prepar3D and SPAD in automatic mode.

I see Prepar3d using (finally :-)) all cores, and spad using cores 2 to 7, so maybe a little resources contemption can happen.

I want to test Prepar3D with AM 254 or 252 and configure SPAD to use the free core(s), and see if all goes better.

Just needing some more free time  :-)

Hi,

I tried some Affinity Mask Settings, including for the Flight Instrument Panel Driver, too. However, after some trial and error I recognized it did not provide any real improvement, at least not on my system. I now let the programs manage their cores and run the FIPs via a networked laptop. According to my experience, the FIPS, notably if you have a certain number of them, are much more of a burden than the Radio etc. panels.

Kind regards, Michael