Sign in to follow this  
dfreemanfso

Autobreak engaging on the ground during taxi

Hi all,

I've had the NGX for years and for some reason recently ran into this issue.  I set the autobreak to RTO prior to taxi.  As I taxi to the runway the breaks engage without me breaking.  I then disengage the autobreak and it's fine again.  Am I applying too much thrust to break away from the gate making the autobreak want to engage?  I'm not sure why this is happening.  Could it be an issue with my Saitek rudder pedals not being set to a good sensitivity/null zone? 

The autobreak functions fine on landing.

David C. Freeman 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I would say something with your control setup. IRL the auto brakes to not even work until you reach 90kts and I'm pretty darn sure PMDG simulated it

Could it be an issue with my Saitek rudder pedals not being set to a good sensitivity/null zone? 

There are numerous threads with issues related to the Saitek pedals, so my bet would be yes.

I haven't investigate this much because I don't use Saitek pedals, but it seems that it's all down to calibration and settings.

Here are the search results for you to pick through until someone with more information steps in:

Search Results ("saitek" and "autobrake")