Sign in to follow this  
flyboycjs

FMS Freezing on long haul flight

Hi guys,

As above anyone had this issue? Seems to be stuck in legs page and cant do anything with it.

Hi guys,

As above anyone had this issue? Seems to be stuck in legs page and cant do anything with it.

I have had this once or twice. Even saving and reloading plane doesn't resurrect it. I just abandoned the flight.

are you flying over water lots? if this is the case press "A" several times until yourview is back in the cockpit this should un freeze the fms

It is a known fsx bug if this is the case and not an issue with pmdg plane.

hope that helps

Stewart Cumbers

are you flying over water lots? if this is the case press "A" several times until yourview is back in the cockpit this should un freeze the fms

It is a known fsx bug if this is the case and not an issue with pmdg plane.

Stewart hit the nail on the head here.  Granted, this would also manifest as a generic gauge freeze as well (the entire panel would appear to be frozen).

If this is not the case (only the FMC freezes) and if you can come up with steps to repeat it, please submit a ticket to support.precisionmanuals.com.

Kyle Rodgers

I saw a post once, when is beyond my narrow memory bandwidth, that suggested clicking the BRT/DIM switch unfreezes the FMS.... I've never ran into this myself as frozen guages are always FSX in my experience, but I mention it in the rare chance somebody can duplicate this.

Dan Downs KCRP

If this is not the case (only the FMC freezes) and if you can come up with steps to repeat it, please submit a ticket to support.precisionmanuals.com.
It was not the "far over water / no atc tower viewpoint" bug in my case, as everything else worked fine. The FMC/CDU just stopped responding to any commands and was stuck on the leg page. The other CDU was stuck on VNAV Cruise page. I could probably have finished the flight manually but just could not be bothered. Its only happened maybe 3 times to me in all the time the 777 has been out so I put it down to random software issue. I didn't do a ticket as I cannot reproduce the issue so didn't want to waste their time.

Just as a follow up I have done a few more long haul flight with out changing view and all worked well. Don't know the origin of this bug?