Sign in to follow this  
J van E

Static planes on airports?

Anyone knows if there is an easy (automated) way to get static airplanes at large airports? I don't really like to use AI because it hurts performance but I would like to see some planes on the tarmac here and there. I like the static parked planes that Orbx adds to quite a few airports in their FTX regions but right now I am flying outside FTX regions and to and from large airports only and they look odd without any planes... They don't have to move or anything, they just have to be there! 

Any idea's?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Gary Summons provides an option for static aircraft in his UK2000 Xtreme airports, but I am not sure about others.

Yes try this:

Static Aircraft .mdl Maker ("SAMM")

Its available for free download, you can convert AI etc to static objects.

Or Instant Scenery 3, which is what I use, and draw upon the 100s of aircraft that are out there as part of payware or freeway sceneries.  Depending upon what payware you may have there is a full range of airplane types, quality.

You can draw upon those Orbx planes using Instant scenery quite easily, just don't distribute what you are doing as they will get their dander up...only for personal use.