Sign in to follow this  
SAM Hunter

Just for you! Boeing 717-200

It's finally here at AVSim!, the revised MD-83 into the 717-200

Always free, Always will be....

Respectfully:

David...

Hi there,

Nice job. But I do not understand what you mean by MD83 into B717.

The model shown here has very much the length of the MD83, the tail of the MD83 and the engines of the MD83.

Mins

Appreciate the effort, but what exactly is this? As pointed out above, this is not a 717. The model as-shown is a MD80.

I had been toying with the idea of putting the FSND updated 737 VC into their MD83, just because I'm not a big fan of their MD83 VC... now I don't have to hassle with it.  I think that doing so, then calling it a 717 is a bit of a stretch... but it works, and all of the extras you've added look and sound great in the video. Since I don't tend to be as anal as some others about details and authenticity, I'll definitely check it out and give it a go...  

Cheers!

Eric Gee

Certified RTFM instructor

Eric, with all due respect, it has nothing to do with being "anal about details and authenticity"; rather trying to figure out exactly what was uploaded. The visuals do not match the description. The author could have simply stated something along the lines of what you did, in that he modified (or "modernized") the MD80 model to use a B717-style flightdeck and sounds. 

• "B717-style flightdeck"

I'm just as confused as everyone else; I don't see how this package correlates to a B717. 

MD-80 model + 737NG Flight Deck != 717. 

Nevertheless, it's an impressive package that I'm sure freeware users will appreciate!  Yet, you should consider altering your nomenclature. 

Matt King

Eric, with all due respect, it has nothing to do with being "anal about details and authenticity"; rather trying to figure out exactly what was uploaded. The visuals do not match the description. The author could have simply stated something along the lines of what you did, in that he modified (or "modernized") the MD80 model to use a B717-style flightdeck and sounds. 

With all due respect, I wasn't referring to you, personally, at all.... simply that there is a very vocal segment of the flight sim community that is obsessed with details and authenticity to which I did not necessarily belong.  Perhaps I could have worded it a little more PC, 

I will agree, though, that the original wording of the post and package are definitely misleading... and that, although the additional eye and ear candy are nicely done and appreciated, more credit should be given to Sr. Lucena... 

Cheers!

Eric Gee

Certified RTFM instructor

OK, yes it's an MD-83 model with a 738 VC that he's calling a 717-200. This was all very clear to me from the moment I downloaded it. Certainly don't get the confusion factor. I've had it for several days, upgraded the PFD/ND with ISG gauges and am thoroughly enjoying this 'hybrid' jetliner. It's a great piece of freeware and I'm grateful to David for putting it together. 

So, thanks David!         

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Does anybody know where this download is? or what the filename is for download?

Any help on this highly appreciated.