Sign in to follow this  
machie

How to install on a different drive

Hi, All,

I am going to put my Prepar on a new SSHD drive that I bought today.  I installed Prepar 2.4 right after I bought it and then decided to uninstall it and put it on a different drive.  I was unable to put it on a different drive because the only other option available during the install process were the desktop and a folder with my name on it.  So I reinstalled the program on my C: drive and started to research a good drive for only Prepar and all my Mega Scenery ETC.  I still have the program on my C: drive but will install my new SSHD 4TB drive on my computer tomorrow and then will need to know how to direct the installation to my new drive.  I need to know how to point the installation to this new drive.

To ask this question in a different way---When I browse in the FSX installation sequence I see a map of my computer with all the drives showing and I can install the program into a folder on any drive---on Prepar 2.4 --when I select Browse on the install sequence I do not get a map of all my drives I only see a Desktop ikpn and a forlder with my name on it.

Thanks for any help or information on this issue.  I am really excited about this new program which I will be using for my IFR mentoring program that I run near a small airport here in California (I am an Old "Not Bold" pilot who likes to keep a foot in the game.

Cheers,

Dorn

just a quick add on note:----I see that there is not even one reply to this topic in 24 hours--is there something I am not understanding about this issue?

On one of the first install screens you should have a button or label called Options: click on it and you should be able to choose or type any path you want to.

Thanks J van E,

I had some trouble just typing in a path---BUT!!--when I simply Changed the drive letter from C to my new drive letter and let the program install into it's normal file structure of Programs ETC ETC it did work--thanks for the kind response

Cheers

Dorn

I was able to install on a new drive but was unable to active--got a message which said that I was trying to install to a diierent product

Did you do a complete uninstall FIRST? You need to do that or the activation will fail. Once you have it completely uninstalled, reinstall to the new drive.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors