Sign in to follow this  
jetblast

How to use Nvidia Inspector for fs 2004

Hi, Im a real world Commerical pilot who likes to use fs 2004 , Im happy with the look of fs 2004 except for a ''shimmering'' im getting on buildings and landscape. Below are my pc specs.

Windows Vista Business 64-bit SP2

AMD Athlon 64 3800+  
Orleans

64MB NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE (Dell)

2.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 267MHz

Next are my video card settings, and fs 2004 settings   (for my video card settings global settings are set as the same as program settings)

do8h7t.jpg

j6ptzq.jpg

jtxezr.jpg

2010wi1.jpg

Look forward to your replies on what settings to use on Nvidia Inspector for my specs and current setup. Thank you

The shimmering is gone now, but my frame rate is like 5 :( very choppy

Is there any setting that will reduce the shimmering without taking away all my frame rates?

Make sure your Nvidia Control Panel settings are back to default settings. You don't use NCP and NI at the same time.

Been playing around with different settings, so far 4x AA and 12x AF seems to work the best,60% of the shimmering is gone,  however I have to get rid of detailed clouds :(  in order to save my frame rates. Even then there is an ever so slight jerkiness going on, if I could just squeeze abit more ram power into the game it would be just were id like it to be with the hardware I have. Is there a program that upon starting fs 2004 automatically shuts down some services you dont really need on Vista, then upon exiting fs restarts them? I remember hearing about a program like that but forgot what is was called.