Sign in to follow this  
zachlog

Cockpit Pilot Tips in the NGX Cockpit

In FSX in Settings | Customize | Aircraft, checkbox "Show Cockpit ToolTips" is unchecked yet in the NGX cockpit I am getting pilot tips being displayed.....like I need to start the engines....really !!!  Is this a NGX thing or is there some other FSX option that needs to be turned-off ?

Thanks,

Zach

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In FSX in Settings | Customize | Aircraft, checkbox "Show Cockpit ToolTips" is unchecked yet in the NGX cockpit I am getting pilot tips being displayed.....like I need to start the engines....really !!! Is this a NGX thing or is there some other FSX option that needs to be turned-off ?

Thanks,

Zach

FSX setting. The NGX doesn't have any effect on any of that.

In FSX in Settings | Customize | Aircraft, checkbox "Show Cockpit ToolTips" is unchecked yet in the NGX cockpit I am getting pilot tips being displayed.....like I need to start the engines....really !!!  Is this a NGX thing or is there some other FSX option that needs to be turned-off ?

Thanks,

Zach

Zach,

What you are referring to, aren't cockpit tool tips but flying tips. They are two different things. But you can turn them off as follows :

On the FSX main menu bar, click Aircraft and then Realism Settings... This opens a dialog box called SETTINGS - REALISM. Near the top right of this dialog box is a tickbox labelled "Display flying tips". I would imagine that in your setup this box is ticked. Remove the tick and the tips should no longer appear. Hope this helps.