Sign in to follow this  
KrisJ

No DC-3 and no DC-10

This is the biggest gap in FSX in terms of good quality, complex system aircraft addons, in my opinion of course.

There is a nice freeware DC-3 available in the web but it is modern avionics only.

While there are many addons of the same airplane developed by different developers, these two are being constantly forgotten.

Anybody heard any rummors if its going to change?

Thomas Ruth made a reasonable (freeware) DC-10 a while back - with a VC and everything. Never got the INS to work though. At some point there was a Facebook page called DC-XX with some screenshots on a DC-10 project, but it appears to have vanished into oblivion. Meanwhile there is the CLS DC-10. A version 2 has been promised for a while, but I have yet to see any screenshots/progress on the matter. 

MAAM-SIM made a DC3 for FS2004, with "FSX Basic Compatibility Available".

The third one on the page:

http://www.maam.org/flightsim/PACKAGES/PACKAGES.htm

Thanks. Thomas' DC-3 is the one i meant.

The MAAMSIM one is FS9 native (or even 2002 native?) and is probably 10+ years old now.

The CLS v2. I doubt if its going to be "complex systems" edition. They specialize in so called Lite models. I belive they are working on new texturing only.

Years ago there was a project on pro DC-10 model under X-Simulations brand. The screenshots of VC were incredible but their site and forum exist no more.