Sign in to follow this  
Roger Ramjet

Shez scenery question

Hey guys,

I've gone back to installing some older fs9 files and I have a question about Shehryar Ansari's older airports. At night I get these weird tracking balls of light that surround the airport perimeters. They exhibit a "chasing" motion. What is this and how can I get rid of it?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I could be very wrong about this, but I think that is supposed to represent moving traffic around the airport. As to how to remove it, I do not know which file that would be. You might want to ask this on the Sunsky Jet forum, which is Shez's forum.

Joe, you are correct. These lights are there because of an old scenery development program. I don't know if the lights can be removed or not, but, if they could it would need to be done with the SCASM software - edited (if possible) then recompiled. Sorry I can't remember the name of the scenery program used for the moment but that wouldn't help fix this anyway. Could be FSSC or another that began with an 'A'? Anyway you would have to decompile the appropriate bgl file to the proper format, edit it (if possible) then recompile.

"You might want to ask this on the Sunsky Jet forum, which is Shez's forum." I second that. I expect Shez would give you a much more coherent answer than I have.

Regards,

Thanks for the info guys. I figured it was probably trying to represent road traffic but to me it seemed unrealistic and distracting. I tried moving a couple of scenery files out of the folder but it did not work. I'll just have to remember to fly into Cleveland and Palm Springs in the daytime!