Sign in to follow this  
KSATRoadWarrior

Awesome video of an Air Force air refueling mission over Afghanistan.

KC-10 refuels another and then an F-16 and A-10 Warthogs; pretty neat

Unlike the KC-135 tanker where the boom operator (boomer) lies on his stomach to view out a window to refuel other aircraft, the KC-10 boomer sits in a comfortable chair and looks out a picture window during refueling. Think what it would look like if a large aircraft like the C-5M, C-17, B-52, B1, or B-2 came into view.

Adjust your speakers to catch the cockpit conversations.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

very interesting,thanks for posting,it amazes me that they don't bang that long boom into the aircraft there loading with fuel

peter

Very impressive, thanks for posting. I once had the pleasure of going up in an ANG KC-135 that was on TDY at RAF Alconbury, and we refueled a special forces MC-130 over the Wash on the north Norfolk coast. I was lying beside the boom operator, while he did several connections with them - he had to do a certain number in order to stay qualified. The precision of the flying by both aircrews was superb. In the end, I was allowed to have a go moving the boom, which actually caused our aircraft to yaw slightly. Obvious really, but it never occurred to me before that moment that it would happen. I must dig out the photos.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org