Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

Rex4 water textures

Hi as this is probably in the wrong place but here goes, I have REX4 TD installed and the latest DX10 fixer version 2.5 and are very dissapointed with the water textures as I'm finding it impossible to get it right, I've been through all the REX4 water textures, forums,  and can not reduce the massive sparkling effect on the water surface (very pixelated) and induced white flashing, I previously had REXESS\OD which was very happy with. I've tried the water reflection adjustments in the fixer but looks like I'm going around in circles, also tried FWSC water which looked worse, DX10 is set up as per the guides as well as NI to the "T", so if anyone has an idea  that would be great or unistall REX4 and go back to REXESS\OD.

Thanks Rod.

I previously had REXESS\OD which was very happy with. I've tried the water reflection adjustments in the fixer but looks like I'm going around in circles,

Why don't  you just use the water  from rexe/od   and  use  the other  textures   from rex4  just don't use the water textures  from rex4  since you can mix and match between  the 2  programs

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Pete, is there some literature on how to do that? I didn't really want to have both programs for hard drive space but if thats all I can do so be it.

Rod.

Think its in one of  the sticky  in the rex forum thread, basically what you need to do is  to select   the water you want  from rexe  and in the rex4 option is to untick  the water   textures so it  doesn't  get loaded.  this applies to all the textures.. If you don't want  to do this you have to wait  for  rex  to bring out  the update of  rex4  for the new water textures etc

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

That's strange.....I have REX 4 as well and switched to DX 10 a few weeks ago. My biggest surprise was how good the water looked!  I use the Dark-default set I believe and it really makes the water appearance very realistic. Not sure what would cause the shimmering effect.....?

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Thanks Pete, yeh Flic tried the dark default but I had some really strong circular shimmering which also affected frames, it's like diamonds on the water, maybe I'm not using the the dx10 fixer properly.

Rod.