Sign in to follow this  
rlashier

New 16:10 Monitor and Slight Panel Distortion

I recently upgraded my rig, and have a system that includes a 4790K processor, a GTX 770 Video Card, and several SSDs for Windows 7 and FSX.   

Just this week, I replaced by old Samsung 19" 4:3 display with an Asus 24" IPS display with 1920 X 1200 resolution, that is, a 16:10 aspect ratio.  I included the WideViewAspect = TRUE line in my FSX.cfg file.

The visual quality of the new 24" IPS display is great, but had to tone down the brightness quite a bit since these displays are set out of the box to light up a room!

My issue is that when I set up my first flight with the default Cessna 172, the 2D instrument panel is now displaying instruments that are out of round.  The main instruments show as ovals with the width slightly exaggerated.  Not hugely distorted, but very noticeable.

Is there a workaround for this that would restore the instruments to their normal, round appearance?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Rich

Not sure if this helps, but instead of using wide aspect you can use zoom instead, set it to a level you like and save as default flight.

Also be careful with IPS panels, mine got burn in damage already from a long haul.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

I don't believe you can do anything about the 2D panels. The wideview aspect = true only applies to the zoom level in the VC.

The aircraft 2D panels would have to come with properly sized bitmaps for 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 for the 2D panels to display correctly.

I think QualityWings has this option in the Bae146 package but not many addon devs support 2D panels these days, and certainly not the FSX default aircraft.

Bottom line, as far as I am aware, you are stuck with it if you insist on using the 2D panel.  If possible I would suggest switching to using the VC. Its actually very good even in the default Cessna 172.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I will try the zoom setting and see if that might help the situation; otherwise it's likely that I will just part ways with the 2D panels, as they are fairly archaic.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I will try the zoom setting and see if that might help the situation; otherwise it's likely that I will just part ways with the 2D panels, as they are fairly archaic.

I thought most 2D panels could be resized ( disproportionally) in their configure file?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.