Sign in to follow this  
Oli

Is the MD11 version for me?

Hi,

In the past, I bought FS2Crew for both the Leveld and the ATR - I did not like them, I just did not have time and patience to learn both the plane and the flows - I chose to spend time learning the planes. Those were (arnd are) great products, just not for me.

I recently bought the 737NGX version, and I love it - the product is much easier to use, the user interface is great - I can really see how the developper spent time improving the concept, well done!

Now, I am wondering if I should get the MD11 button version - is it simple to use as the 737NGX version, or more on the complex side, like the 767 version?

Thanks for your input,

Olivier

PS: the key for me is to be able to skip the preflight really - this is one of the fun part of flying those automated planes and I do not like someone else to do it for me ^_^

I bought the airplane a few years ago (boxed) and the FCOM is really complicated.

I find the 737NGX easier to fly than the pmdg md-11.

The md-11 cockpit is something to get used to when you are coming from a boeing airplane.

The FMS and Flight Control Panel tend to work in a different way.

So you really need to study those FCOM manuals around 1000 pages to get going and fly safe with the md-11.

It really is a beautiful airplane once you get the hang of it but skipping preflight isn't doing this product any justice.

The last md-11 PAX in service has ended this month over here in the Netherlands. Always saw them stationed near the highway.

Anyway you really need to be a die hard mcdonnel fan to appreciate this type of flying. Still studying this plane as i speak ;)

Now, I am wondering if I should get the MD11 button version - is it simple to use as the 737NGX version, or more on the complex side, like the 767 version?

I would rate the MD-11 as being in between in terms of FS2Crew compared the NGX and old ATR version.

As you can see, the Main Panel is a lot like the NGX's:

fs2crew_md11_main__60636.jpg

And you are not required to run the Pre Flight events, just like the NGX and 777, etc.

Cheers,

Hi,

Thanks for your answers - Ryann, I have used this plane for some time, it is fascinating and there sure is a lot to discover and learn.

Bryan, this will certainly by my next FS2crew purchase, after I get used to the 737 version.

Happy flying,

Olivier