Sign in to follow this  
Mickel

JustPlanes BluRay & PAL

Folks

I think this is the least worst place to ask... I'm pondering a couple of JustPlanes BluRays, however... Rumour has it that NTSC/PAL is not the bogey issue it used to be. But my Samsung BD-H6500 manual is pretty adamant that it's PAL only. The JustPlanes stuff is NTSC.

Does anyone in PALland have any experience with this?

I guess buy the download and cut to disc is an option, but... I'm a hoarder, and a random blank CD case doesn't really cut it if there is a prettier alternative.

Cheers

Mike

I can't help with your Samsung as my Blu-ray is Sony but, according to the Justplanes UK (where I live) shop which is operated through Amazon.co.uk the Blu-Rays are region free so should play in any player. I've not had any issues playing them on my pal R2 Sony.

I have also downloaded some of their films to my tablet and PC but, they are not the same HD quality as the Blu-rays and don't even look to be as good as a standard DVD. The Air france 777 film is only a bit over 2GB downloaded, so wouldn't even fill a standard DVD. Even on my 10.1 inch Samsung tablet the picture is only just acceptable, on my PC if I run it full screen on my 27" monitor it's pretty poor, I can't watch it like that so have to view in a smaller window. With some of the older films for which I only paid a tenner I don't mind so much but it's not good when I spent £20 on the Air France 777 download. I'll stick to Blu-ray/DVD for any of the new films that are filmed in HD.

I'd certainly try for the Blu-ray and give that a go, certainly if bought through Amazon they might be happy for you to return it if it won't work on your player.

As an alternative, Pilot's Eye do some cracking Blu-rays. I have their MD-11 Freighter and Aerologic 777 Freighter films, and while not covering technical aspects to the level of detail of the Justplanes films, they are entertaining.

Cheers

Stu Bevis

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg PC: i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz, Asus Maximus X Hero, Corsair 16GB @ 3200MHz, EVGA GTX970SC

You can always ask Michel Moskal about that. He is the producer/owner of Just Planes and he is always willing to respond to questions. Go to their website and you should see some way of contacting them. While I have reviewed many of his programs I am not so sure I can give you the best answer as he would.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer