Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

EVO 2.0 One Minor Issue

Hi Sascha

Please forgive me if this issue has already been addressed but I glanced through the posts and didn't see it. With the new autogen, the improvements are superb but there is one thing that doesn't look right to me in the Europe scenery I have explored so far. There are quite a few "high rise buildings" - tall structures - that appear randomly in certain rural areas. (e.g. Northern Italy, flying out of LIPA Aviano AFB) Though they certainly pose an interesting challenge for cross country low flying  ^_^ they don't really seem to look right in a rural environment as many of them are completely isolated from any kind of adjoining human structures - just open fields and trees. I wonder if it would be possible to replace them with something that is equally "generic" but would fit more realistically into the environment? Perhaps a "manor house" or some other more "upscale" structure that one might occasionally see in a more affluent rural area but not a modern high rise urban style of structure. If these are limited to just Europe, perhaps even an old church that one would tend to see in many parts of Europe?

Cheers mate

Ian

Hi Ian,

I think this is an issue which pops up occassionally depending on system load. The dense Evo autogen seem to push some FS9 engine routines over the edge at the highest settings, and you get these spurious tall buildings - as far as I know only with one set of textures (008a2). Dropping the autogen slider one notch down should get rid of the towers. If they still persist, please send me a screenshot so I can check.

Cheers,

Sascha

Dropping the autogen from "massive" to "very dense" did the trick Sascha. The "tower buildings" have disappeared. Thanks

Ian

Dropping the autogen from "massive" to "very dense" did the trick Sascha.

I get them occasionally, but not for every flight in the same area. Must have something to do with system loads at the time. I don't run my FS9 in a special system configuration or a dedicated PC. They also appear with only one texture set, so you should be fine with a "massive autogen" setting, just drop it when you see a tower.

Have a nice weekend!

Sascha

Thanks Sascha. You have an excellent weekend also

Ian

As far as Italy is concerned there are many large buildings dotted about. Factories etc. , In fact when you drive one rarely sees "countryside" as one would in the UK or France.

As far as Italy is concerned there are many large buildings dotted about. Factories etc. , In fact when you drive one rarely sees "countryside" as one would in the UK or France.

This might be achieved using a specific landclass, but it would be best to place prominent factories or refineries etc. as scenery landmarks like in the German landmarks by Aerosoft.

Cheers,

Sascha