Sign in to follow this  
Guest United

Any Problems with Comcast?

Guest United

I am soon to half to change my broadband provider to Comcast DSL from a service provider that was very good, anyone out there with any comments about Comcast's broadband? I already checked www.broadband.com and they, like most broadband providers have their fans and their detractors; just wondered if the flightsim community had any adverse experiences! I actually could use Verizon as well.Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest Gdavis101

I had Charter Broadband when I lived in Washington, much more reliable I thought. When I moved to the Oregon Coast I had to go with DSL because of the town I live in and its not 100% reliable. It will drop the connection sometimes, therefore I would have to say that I really prefer a Cable Modem.

I've had no problems whatever with Comcast. Before Comcast bought them out, I was with ATT Broadband. I've noticed much improved (read: faster) service with the new owners... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

FAAAAAAAAAAAAST... I get about 400 kb/sec downloads in most websites. Stable too. Never had any downtime.

I've been with Comcast ever since they initiated service in my area, and I've never had a problem. Good Customer Service, dependable, and very fast. I especially like the fact that it's "always on".Joe

Guest sb55mv

Hi All,I have been reading you're comments,and I just wondered what type of service you are talking about, ie. what speed, Broadband = 512, or half a meg, then there's cable at 1MB, or sometimes 2MB, but we pay

Guest deKoven

>I am soon to half to change my broadband provider to Comcast>DSL from a service provider that was very good, anyone out>there with any comments about Comcast's broadband? I already>checked www.broadband.com and they, like most broadband>providers have their fans and their detractors; just wondered>if the flightsim community had any adverse experiences! I>actually could use Verizon as well.>>Randy Jura, KPDXHmmm, well, I use Verizon DSL, myself. I've had NO complaints at all. To be sure, things haven't run 100% but then one must cut ANY company a little slack. They haven't had any outages which lasted more than a day and VERY few of those. I've heard that Comcast broadband might be faster but cable broadband speed is much more dependant on the number of users on the system. I get 100+ kb downloads and frequently the limiting factor isn't my provider but the system on the sending end. Avsim itself isn't the best for me. Don't know how others see them.:D

Guest United

Thanks guys!!, looks like I should be OK with Comcast then... all of your comments are appreciated!Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest United

Thanks guys!!, looks like I should be OK with Comcast then... all of your comments are appreciated!Randy Jura, KPDX