Sign in to follow this  
Steve Keaton

Question for Rob Robson (777simmer)...

No witches hunting on my part, I just strive to have a realistic simulation (up to the practical limitations). I'm sorry if this stuff bothers you, but as costumer, and more than that, a community member, I suppose I have the right to discuss the issue and ask for solution, just like others do.

Anyway this is interesting to find out that other equivalent planes, when set to Autobrake 1, don't suffer from the so called excessive friction inherent to FSX. I know the excessive friction is unfortunately there, but not to the point of being more effective than Autobrake 1 itself. :-)

Do you actually know how effective autobrake 1 should be? You may not expect friction to ever exceed that braking level but according to RSR it does at some point. I'm happy to accept his word on that. Why aren't you?

Other addons may behave differently but each developer has different ways to address the excess friction. All things are not equal.

I suggest you try a landing at 220 tonnes and see how far down the runway your 777 stops, comparing that with the QRH figure I mentioned.

ki9cAAb.jpg