Sign in to follow this  
LH629

pmdg_747400_main.Gau again

Hi everybody,

I have the well known problem, that the loading of the 747 (FS9 ) causes a crash of FS9. The reason is the main.Gau File in Gauges.

I used the 747 in FS 9 under XP without any problems. One year ago i changed to win7 on a new PC. Everything is fine with FS9 and WIn7. The only problem is the 747. I uninstalled, reinstalled, I reinstalled the registered FSUIPC vers 3.999 after installing the pmdg 747. Nothing helped. I install everything as admin.

I found in the internet a lot of articles about the problem. Sometimes helped reinstalling (I made it). in other cases the chat ended without a solution. That's the reason for my question. Who knows a solution ? There must be one !!!

Thanks a lot

Sven 

Has it not worked for a year or has it suddenly stopped working ?

Do you also have the 737 ?  If so you need to install the 737 first.

Have you checked your anti-virus to see if it is "repairing" the file ?

Try this. Uninstall 747 (and 737 if you have it). Make sure all remnant files/folders are moved from FS9. Run a registry cleaner and reboot. Set up your AV so it ignores the FS9 folders. Reinstall with your AV off.

Peter Schluter

Thank you. I will try these. The 737 is running without problems. It has not worked from the beginning. One question for the registry cleaner: I should search for pmdg in the registry ?

If the 737 is working fine then try just reinstalling the 747 following my advice above.

Use a registry cleaner like CCleaner. Just do a registry scan after you have ininstalled and removed folders. You dont scan for pmdg.  Make a backup of the registry ....CCleaner will prompt you to do this.

Are you using the original installer and key ?

Peter Schluter

I guess you have some external hardware for controllers? Yoke, pedals, throttle quadrant, radios panels, etc?

If so, try unplugging them (one by one) and plugging again. This is what I have to do quite often when I get FSX crashes with PMDG birds, and it always helps. I'm not saying it will work for you, but it won't hurt trying anyway.

Hi again,

sorry, i had no success. I did everything what you said. Found a double installation of the file main.gau. With the cleaner I found nothing on the D, where the FS9 is runnung, I have an installation file from 2005 V1R1.exe and the update V1R2. My code is valide, i have the order ID and the other dates. I had a backup of my installation on xp and copied the file in the new installation. 

The AV and firewall were out during the installation and the start.

I have the zip file of the download and unzpipped again.. Nothing helped. One more idea ?

This is the message (in German) but the important infos  clear ?

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: fs9.exe, Version: 9.1.0.40901, Zeitstempel: 0x4135a208
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: PMDG_747400_Main.GAU, Version: 1.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x42f073d4
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00173d08  (Mistake - offset) 
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1ac4 (ID of the wrong process)
(time) Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d01179a4df20b1
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\fs9.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: D:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\GAUGES\PMDG_747400_Main.GAU
Berichtskennung: 1dd29a50-7d6d-11e4-8f1b-d43d7e4d1425

Thanks a lot

Sven 

Hi again,

I have no external hardware. Only the keyboard and a joystick (black widow)

When you run the registry cleaner, it needs to run on the registry, not a folder. Are you sure you are doing it correctly ?

Only thing I can suggest is to check out this post  http://forum.avsim.net/topic/452828-blank-gauages/?hl=%2Bthose+%2Bcover+%2Bprerequisite+%2Bfiles+%2Bneeded+%2Bacross+%2Bwhole+%2Bproduct+%2Bline#entry3090104

Peter Schluter

Hi There,

I looked in the registry via regedit. Surprising, when I installed the 747 i cannot see anything in the registry. So i could also nothing delete. See the picture, This screenshot was taken after installing. 

http://de.myalbum.com/Foto-6E3JNYMX-D.jpg

I mean, i have all the Files form your links , see the picture.   http://de.myalbum.com/Foto-IM4PIK7E-D.jpg

The direct x is also installed. I deactivated the User account control before the last installation. 

Thanks a lot

Sorry, I see, the picture in the link  is difficult to recognize something. If you wish I cam send it to you . Is there any possibillity for a "private" mailadress ? 

On the first picture you see a screenshot of the registry. PC\HKey_LOCAL_Machine\Software\Wow6432Node\

Under PMDG Simulations and then PMDG MD-11 FS 9 -> 1.20.0055.

The 737 for the FS 9 is  missing, but the 737 is running without any problems (last time this afternoon:-)  in FS9

Under PMDG Simulations LLC is the PMDG 737 8900 NGX -> 1.00.3219  FSX is on the Drive K , FS 9 on drive D.

Perhaps a little help for a solution ?

You will do better with a registry cleaner like CCleaner.

No other suggestions other than raise a tiket through the PMDG website.

Peter Schluter