Sign in to follow this  
daniel.burke01

REX recent update and PMDG 777 weather uploads

Hi all,

On December 3rd, REX released an update to their REX Essentials Plus.  Updating to 3.8.14 etc....  Now, let me start off by saying I know that last year in August 2013, REX announced they would support the uploads feature of the 777, but I never heard when or if this actually happened.  Since first having the 777, I have always had this feature and it worked with REX.  I was able to request, upload and load weather in the legs page and the descent forecast page.  Both if I filed a flight plan through REX or just used the weather engine alone.  Since updating to the most recent update, this feature now does not work.  I get invalid message in my scratch pad.  Clearly this is either from the update or maybe it was never supposed to work and I was just somehow lucky? :wub:  :rolleyes:  I have no idea.  If anyone else has noticed this or has any input, let me know.  I will go ahead and copy this message over to the forum at REX as well, but since it's directly related to the PMDG 777, I wanted input from this forum as well.  Thanks all!

Kind Regards,

-Dan Burke-

After reviewing the REX website, it looks like others are having the same concern.  REX did respond to one post asking for more information.  I will attempt to keep this post updated with any resolve to this situation since I assume it will affect more than just me!

Thanks All,

-Dan Burke-

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

We are looking into this and will keep everyone advised. 

After reviewing the REX website, it looks like others are having the same concern. REX did respond to one post asking for more information. I will attempt to keep this post updated with any resolve to this situation since I assume it will affect more than just me!

Just found out that the fix will be out later today or tomorrow depending on your time zone:0

Hello everyone.  Thank you for your patience on this.

We have created a hotfix for SP3 to correct this issue.  If you downloaded SP3 prior to 12/11/2014 then you will need the HOTFIX, otherwise we updated SP3 with the fix.

REX ESSENTIAL PLUS SP3 HOTFIX:

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/32115-rex-ess-plus-service-pack-3-hotfix-for-build-3420141126/

REX ESSENTIAL PLUS OVERDRIVE SP3 HOTFIX:

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/32114-rex-ess-plus-overdrive-service-pack-3-hotfix-for-build-3820141126/

An major update to REX 4 Texture Direct is coming out this next week. This has the same wave and sun texture fixes and few other updates.