Sign in to follow this  
soldano

Tyres and brakes failures

I have random failures set off, but sometimes after landing I cannot taxi anymore and noticed that the parking brake warning at my display shows, I tried pulling the lever and the animation shows it moving to the off position but nothing changes.-

At the FMC failures page, I noticed that seven of them appeared active, all related to tyres and brake temps, each of them has an active yes/no and armed yes/no option, which I dont know how they work but tried all combinations.-.

Also there is an option of clearing it all, which I pressed, and  momentarily it seems all of them be cleared, but inmediately they returned to be active.- I cannot found a solution at the manual which only refers to random or maintenance failures.-

It seems I hit too hard the brakes at landing and caused the failures, but I need a way of fixing them.-

Thanks

Jorge

You have to first cool the brakes and then repair the failures. There is an option to cool the brakes in the ground maintenance page on the FMS.

Sorry, not at my desktop now so can't steer you directly to it.

But you can find the ground maintenance selection on the same page as Fuel, Payload, Ground Connections. 

So look in there, select cool brakes, THEN go into the failures page to make the necessary repairs.

Good luck.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce

But is there a way to disable that failures or to avoid them from ocurr  ?

Thanks Bruce

But is there a way to disable that failures or to avoid them from ocurr  ?

Don't brake so hard! This is the behaviour that would happen in real airplane. 

....or to avoid them from ocurr  ?

Not sure you how heavy you were, or why you needed to stop so fast for that matter, but easy does it on the brakes. The reverse thrust is pretty powerful, I let that do most of the work. Lately, I've been doing Autobrake 1 or 2 landings with idle reverse, and I get stopped relatively quick (past couple flights have been around 500-550,000 lb landing weights, just to give you an idea.)