Sign in to follow this  
mbcans

LUA (Linda), SPAD and Saitek panels

Hi all,

I have recently got a MCP Combo II -  Boeing and have been encouraged to use Linda rather than VRiSim to operate the unit.  I have downloaded the Official Linda Manual, brian 747's Introduction to Linda , lots of reviews and other miscellaneous articles from the internet which I will need to study more closely after the initial read.

However, a question regarding my setup may be required before I start headlong into this project.  I have the full Saitek kit used mainly for GA aircraft and small regional prop aircraft, namely; Yoke, extra TQ, Rudder Pedals, Trim Wheel and the Radio, Multi, Switch and Backlit Information Panels.  The 4 panels are driven by a freeware program called SPAD (Saitek Panels Advanced Drivers), rather than FSX controls or FSUIPC.  Would it be the recommendation to do away with SPAD and run the buttons and knobs with Linda?

I must say SPAD has served me well to date but  as I am going into the bigger Boeing jets, to be flown by the MCP Combo II

using Linda programming, I might as well change everything to Linda if this is considered practical.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers, John C, Crib Point, Victoria, Australia

Stick with what you are doing now and just use Linda for joystick buttons and the MCP panel, SPAD is the best option for those devices you are currently using it with.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi John

Welcome to the LINDA community. I would endorse what Andydigital advised.  If it ain't broke don't fix it!  Before you download LINDA 2.5 you might wish to wait a few days as there is an update about to be released.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thank you Andydigital and Scotfieger for your prompt responses.  I must say that your replies surprised me, but SPAD will stay on your recommendations.

I have downloaded Linda 2.5 but I haven't progressed far at this stage. I will await the upgrade.  Thanks for the tipoff Scotfieger..

Cheers until the next question arises,

John C, Crib Point, Victoria, Australia

On 8 December 2014 at 9:47 PM, mbcans said:

Hi all,

I have recently got a MCP Combo II -  Boeing and have been encouraged to use Linda rather than VRiSim to operate the unit.  I have downloaded the Official Linda Manual, brian 747's Introduction to Linda , lots of reviews and other miscellaneous articles from the internet which I will need to study more closely after the initial read.

However, a question regarding my setup may be required before I start headlong into this project.  I have the full Saitek kit used mainly for GA aircraft and small regional prop aircraft, namely; Yoke, extra TQ, Rudder Pedals, Trim Wheel and the Radio, Multi, Switch and Backlit Information Panels.  The 4 panels are driven by a freeware program called SPAD (Saitek Panels Advanced Drivers), rather than FSX controls or FSUIPC.  Would it be the recommendation to do away with SPAD and run the buttons and knobs with Linda?

I must say SPAD has served me well to date but  as I am going into the bigger Boeing jets, to be flown by the MCP Combo II

using Linda programming, I might as well change everything to Linda if this is considered practical.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers, John C, Crib Point, Victoria, Australia

Sorry to bump an old thread.

where did you buy your MCE panel.

i am looking to buy one in Sydney, cannot find anyone stocking it in Australia.

VRInsight is based in Korea. Their website is at http://www.vrinsight.com/. There are 2 variants of the MCP Combo panel for Boeing and Airbus.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew