Sign in to follow this  
Anxu00

How complete is this PC-12?

hi Guys,

I have been followed this forum for a while and read many good feedback on this product from Carenado.  People has been saying that with Bert and Nick's fixes, the aircraft is close to be as best as Carenado can be.  Having no real world experience or detailed knowledge about this aircraft, I would just have to believe all of what has been said.  I have always like to have GA aircrafts that are as closely simulated as the real thing as possible.  While I have looked at the latest A2A offerings, the Piper 180 and T182 are too slow to my taste.  Is this model from Carenado coming close to have all the system functioning as they should?  I do not buy too many planes, prefer to get a few that I really like and get to know and use them very well.  Is this one one of those?

Thanks in advance.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

It is a nice airplane, but as far as systems modeling goes, Carenado is not at the same level as a2a or PMDG..  so do not expect all systems to be modeled.

Bert

Bought this one last week.

I'd say if you rated it overall, probably 60% functional against the real one.

But in fact, in some areas, it's 90% realistic, and in other areas, it's 5% realistic.

My past experience was with old FS9 Carenado products only but certainly, this PC-12 is a landmark release by them in my view.   

Thanks for replying.  I guess more studying for me then.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

One thing that really enhances the quality of this airplane, is if you happen to have the RXP GNS530 and the Unlimited package.

The dual GNS530s are very useful in this plane, and the Avidyne can be disabled as far as I am concerned.

I understand that not every user is in this position, but being able to replace the Carenado GNS530, even just one, makes a world of difference.. 

Bert

One thing that really enhances the quality of this airplane, is if you happen to have the RXP GNS530 and the Unlimited package.

The dual GNS530s are very useful in this plane, and the Avidyne can be disabled as far as I am concerned.

I understand that not every user is in this position, but being able to replace the Carenado GNS530, even just one, makes a world of difference.. 

Thanks Bert.  I have one GNS530 but not the Unlimited package.  I also have the GNS430 as well.  Not sure how that combo works.  RealityXP as a company is all but dead.  I am thinking of getting the F1 GTN package instead, but Carenado don't have native support for those.

Vu Pham

In that case, replace the upper GNS530 by the RXP unit and leave the bottom one.

The lower one can display the flight plan..

Bert