Sign in to follow this  
ck777

Thoughts on Wireless Headset

Hey All,

I couldn't find any recent posts about wireless mics.  I would be interested to hear from anyone that is using one to see if they like it.  Are there any problems with interference?  I'm thinking of getting one for a couple of reasons.  I mostly fly on VATSIM.

• I've recently routed all voice (ATC) through my existing headset (not sure why I didn't do this before)
  • On long flights, I sometimes need to get up, go to the other side of the room, etc. I don't stray too far away when I'm on VATSIM, but with my current set up I'm afraid of missing a call.  I suppose I could switch the speakers in FSX sound menu but that seem like a pain.

I'm willing to spend $50-$100.  I was checking out the Logitech G930 but was wondering if any others had recommendations, even non-wireless.  I'm used to a very cheap on the ear headset so the G930 seem very large from my perspective.  I'm still on on the fence about over the ear and interested to hear what others say.  I won't use the headset anything else other than VATSIM.

Thanks! 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have the Creative SB Tactic 3D Wrath headset and love them. I usually have them wrapped around my neck so I can use the boom mic but have the ATC voices coming through my speakers along with the FSX sound.