Sign in to follow this  
Ioan92

Just bought this: a few questions!

Hey FSFX, just bought your sweet little package, but I have some questions before I start installing:

- How exactly do it make this work with DX10? I just uninstall the fixes, apply 777 immersion and then re-apply the fixes?

- I noticed you mentioned in the manual that I must increase my special effects detail slider to maximum to properly see those effects. I currently run this slider on the full left (off). I'm not going to see an impact by turning this on am I?

- Last but not least, I hate changing settings from within FSX because it resets TML values and whatnot so I prefer manual cfg edits. This being said I'm curious what entry in the fsx.cfg controls the special effects detail slider and what value is the highest setting so I can just manually edit it. Is it EFFECTS_QUALITY=2?

Thanks for the help.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Hi there,

• To make the effect work in DX10, you can re-scan all effects in the Lights/Effects section or disable/re-enable DX10 in the DX10 Scenery Fixer.
  • The mentioned slider controls the quantity of particles emitted, in other words, the lower the slider, the dimmer you'll see all effects.
  • EFFECTS_QUALITY=2 is the answer!

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thank you very much.

But i'm still curious how much of an impact turning the special effects slider from left to full right will have. Is it a CPU or GPU bound feature?

I'm asking because my sim is currently in a very fine balance between looks and performance. Also what kind of effects would I miss if I chose not turn up the slider (leave off)..

Also is this the same slider that controls auroras? I never seem to see them.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Thank you very much.

But i'm still curious how much of an impact turning the special effects slider from left to full right will have. Is it a CPU or GPU bound feature?

I'm asking because my sim is currently in a very fine balance between looks and performance. Also what kind of effects would I miss if I chose not turn up the slider (leave off)..

Also is this the same slider that controls auroras? I never seem to see them.

As with pretty much everything in FSX, this is CPU bound. It goes to the GPU in P3D, allowing us to create even better things ;)

So performance-wise, it depends on each system. You can give it a try, at lease you'll know what setting would be causing troubles!

I have no idea for Auroras, never saw any with my 900h+ flying on FSX

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

keven i really wish your website had the requierments for this product to work.   

As with pretty much everything in FSX, this is CPU bound. It goes to the GPU in P3D, allowing us to create even better things ;)

So performance-wise, it depends on each system. You can give it a try, at lease you'll know what setting would be causing troubles!

I have no idea for Auroras, never saw any with my 900h+ flying on FSX

Alright, thanks!

I have an overclocked 2600k @ 4.3 GHz and a brand new GTX 980. Should be plenty for this.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

keven i really wish your website had the requierments for this product to work.   

All needed information is in the manual supplied with the product.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42