Sign in to follow this  
daan_vb

Clicking HS crashes FSX

Hi guys,

Hope you can help me. Whenever I press HS on the Config Panel to route sounds through my headset, FSX crashes with the error message XACT Audio Init Failed. Contact FS2Crew error code 0x8889000a.

Before this, FSCrew worked but I couldn't get sound through my headset and on the panel it said HS: No such device. So I tried a reinstall and now it detects and shows my headset but whenever I press HS it crashes....

Not sure what else to try! Please help

Many Thanks

Dan

WAT1036.png

Well after spending more time on this I still can't fix it, I am very frustrated. I have reinstalled twice, made sure the speech recogniser is set to US English, tried all manner of sound settings for my microphone, tried different USB ports, tried reinstalling DirectX, nothing works as soon as i hit HS - instacrash

WAT1036.png

Hi Brian,

I can do the voice training no problem, my microphone works fine with Voxatc and MCE (which I decided to replace with FS2Crew)

I think I have narrowed down the issue to my audio drivers. I decided to uninstall them and now it seems to be ok. Not done any serious testing but pressing HS doesn't the sim.

I've tried to update and roll back to previous versions of the driver but it seems to hate them!

Have you had any reports by people not being able to use Realtek HD Audio drivers in the past?

Thanks

Dan

WAT1036.png

Hi Dan,

Glad you appear to have it working.

We have no reported issues with RealTek drivers.  In fact, your issue is something I don't think we've ever had reported out of an extremely large user base.

RealTek drivers are extremely common.  I'm guessing there may be something else going on on your system.

I'm having the same issue. Using an Astro A40 headset connected via the Mixamp (so via USB) and a Creative X-Fi Titanium sound card: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B012srY358MYUGRVTjkwZ2Ezb0k&authuser=0

Edit: I tried connecting the headset via stereo jacks instead of via the USB MixAmp and when clicking HS the same error occurred. I then tried disconnecting the USB MixAmp from the machine and that prevented the crash. This of course means I can't use the MixAmp with FS2Crew.

It seems like there could be an issue with FS2Crew when a USB headset is connected, even if it's not set as the default sound (and/or communications device in Windows' sound settings). Are there any known issues around this?

Wills

Hi Wills,

There are no known issues with USB headsets and FS2Crew.  

However, it seems pretty obvious that MixAmp is causing the problem somehow.

What is MixAmp?

Hi,

The MixAmp is essentially just another USB sound device. See here https://www.astrogaming.co.uk/mixamp%E2%84%A2-pro/3AM99-AGU9X-975.html (I have a slightly older version but it's essentially the same thing).

Could multiple sound devices cause a problem with FS2Crew?

Wills

Could multiple sound devices cause a problem with FS2Crew?

Generally no and we've never had reports of USB headsets causing issues in our history.

I think MixAmp is doing something funky.  Try testing without it to isolate.

Failing that, it could just be an audio driver issue.