Sign in to follow this  
JSilva

OOM at 3.2GB instead of 4GB

Strangely, FSUIPC shown it as 150,000 before the OOM (and in Process Explorer, it shows it near 3.2GB). And yes, I did hear the warning. Something isn't right. I didn't use the log as I did use FSX a few times since (in other words, the log was automatically overwritten).

So an obvious question: Did your himemfix line somehow get removed from your config? That would explain it as it frees up a few hundred megs more for the program to use closer to the 4GB mark

Also for the T7 there is an option for lower  sound files in the operation center that can reduce your memory footprint a little, maybe enough so that you can finish your flights.

I always used HIGHMEMFIX=1 (it was even spelled correctly). I can try the lower quality sound files to see if that made a difference.

I decided to change a few things for the next flight. It will be a short flight from Istanbul (default) to London Heathrow (Aerosoft Heathrow Xtended).

Textures will be set to 1024.

AI Traffic will be off (except for the cars and boats).

22KHz sound for the 777-300ER.

I will still be using:

Active Sky Next SP1B

PMDG 777-300ER

LOD Radius to 4.5 (in case someone asks me about the LOD Radius)

Aerosoft Heathrow Xtended

FSX on DX10 (with the SteveFX DX10 Scenery Fixer v2.6).

FSDT GSX

Júnior Silva

I didn't use the log as I did use FSX a few times since (in other words, the log was automatically overwritten).

I have an icon on my desktop to the fsuipc.log.  That way I can quickly retrieve it when I finish a flight and review the VAS usage.  I sometimes will save it as the name of my flight such as kordkstl001.  Then I can compare or do some further studies.  I like the fsuipc log in that it shows all of the VAS data at the beginning of the flight to the end and you'll see VAS usage going up and down during the flight.  I really hate the Process Explorer version (know I'm not suppose to hate but I really do not like it LOL). 

With a short flight from Chicago to St Louis (about an hour), I am always very low on VAS and much longer (like a hold before landing) could be disastrous for my virtual passengers.

Gerry always has good suggestions and I see he found another one.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I might try a flight from KORD to KSTL (Do you use FSDT KORD? I currently don't have it yet. Also, KSTL for me is default). What aircraft do you normally use for that flight (I only have QW757 SP3, PMDG 777-200 LR with 777-300ER Expansion and Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319 & A320/A321)?

Júnior Silva

I might try a flight from KORD to KSTL (Do you use FSDT KORD? I currently don't have it yet. Also, KSTL for me is default). What aircraft do you normally use for that flight (I only have QW757 SP3, PMDG 777-200 LR with 777-300ER Expansion and Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319 & A320/A321)?

My flight plan - KORD DCT JOT J101 PNT DCT GORDO J71 COWES DCT AARCH KSTL FL240

Weather - ASN

Aircraft - PMDG 777-300ER (of course an Airbus 318 or A321 or a 737 would be more appropriate but I like flying the 777.

I have FSDT Chicago, MSE V2 Illinois, MSE V2 Chicago UltraRes, MSEV2 Iowa, MSEV2 Missouri, MSEV2 StLouis UltraRes and Taxi2Gate KSTL, MyTrafficX.

I also use ProATCX, the latest version for ATC. The co-pilot sets up the aircraft (except the FMC) and flies it once on AP.

In the 777, with my MSE Photoscenery, I get the best fps in wing view by change the wingview factor to 40%. More realistic scenery view too.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I don't have any of the addons you mentioned (except for Active Sky Next (SP1B) and the PMDG 777 Family (SP1c)) but I do use ORBX FTX Global (v1.3) and Vector (v1.2) as well as REX4 Texture Direct (SP4 with TU2). I  also use FS2Crew 777 (v1.1). Thanks for the route.

Júnior Silva

Those should work. Photoscenery does not require any Autogen so I have that turned off (it still shows up if it is built into the scenery like Taxi2Gate. Autogen is not hard on FPS per se but it's a major VAS user.

I also have REX4 Texture Direct.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

I just realised that I made a mistake on reading the VAS. When I was reading on how Process Explorer works, I found out that I read the VAS wrong. I was reading the VAS as Private Bytes when I should add a column called Virtual Size and read it. When I read Virtual Size and got an OOM, it read as around 4GB (the limit). To confirm, there isn't a problem with my PC or FSX (on DX10).

Júnior Silva

So far I have been lucky with VAS. I have Mega Scenery in the following States. VA, W VA, MD, OH, IND, ILL, MO, KAN, COL, I also have blue sky complete for Utah , Idaho, Nev, Cal, and AZ. Using freeware cloud textures and default AI traffic. I have been running at 1800 starting up FSX and a cross country flight from Salt Lake City to Virginia ends at about 2300 to 2400 VAS. No extreme changes in VAS even when switching from view  to view which I do a lot during flight. Now I am not using extreme aircraft.  I use a lot of freeware aircraft that I modified to my taste. Most of the changes in VAS are in increments of no more that 10mb and after 45 flights cross country there has been no change. I do use payware aircraft and the same type of long flight will not exceed 3000 VAS. 

To confirm, there isn't a problem with my PC or FSX (on DX10).

But if you have high settings and tweaks in your FSX config and high settings in your display driver, then fsx will probably have a lot of problems as proven beyond any reasonable doubts by hundreds in this Forum.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM