Sign in to follow this  
funkyj4ever

pmdg 777 help with shadows

Hi

I Have 2 problems. 

1 is that the nd is not darked by shadows while the rest of the displays is. http://puu.sh/dLdQE/0da9819874.jpg

It look slike the white colors on the displays is not affected by shadows( are less then the other displays)

It is also noticable on the lower display( where the checklists are)

2 i find it too dark sometimes. Any option to reduce this? 

This are my settings.

http://puu.sh/dLdUB/9a3c136815.png

thx!

Hi

I Have 2 problems. 

1 is that the nd is not darked by shadows while the rest of the displays is. http://puu.sh/dLdQE/0da9819874.jpg

It look slike the white colors on the displays is not affected by shadows( are less then the other displays)

It is also noticable on the lower display( where the checklists are)

2 i find it too dark sometimes. Any option to reduce this? 

This are my settings.

http://puu.sh/dLdUB/9a3c136815.png

thx!

I am like you, I don't like dark shadows. I am not at my sim right now but I do know I don't have "Shadow Boost", "Reduce Falloff with Angle" or "Reduce Fade in Poor Visibility" ticked and the shadows are to me more believable (softer). I can't remember my "Shadow Bias" setting.

Well something is not the same anymore in the 777,

look at my image below. I miss those settings. The date is was taken was 26.09.2014 so maybe Steven can get us in the direction of what version of the DX10 fixer we were using ? and how to setup the shadows in the new version as well.

I want it back as below  B)

Also , the manual has a word on the "Contrast Slider" 62/118 but i cant find it

Michael Moe

today.jpg

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I confess that I cannot see anything particularly wrong in the OP's picture.

It is possible that the ND just isn't coded to show shadows, a backlit display wouldn't show shadows very clearly in real life.

The lighting range between full shadow and full sunlight comes from the sky textures which may be installed by a texture replacement package or a product like Shade. The ambient light can be adjusted a little in DX10SF using the contrast slider, but in this case from the OP's settings it has been reduced to its minimum so if its still too dark you need to adjust the sky textures or adjust the monitor contrast or adjust the RGB color range

I agree with Captain Spiers not to use Shadow Boost, but the two Reduce settings I would always select.

Michael's picture is taken without ForceVCWalls ticked and so looks a mess as the overhead panel is letting light through and only the switches are casting shadows.

I agree with Captain Spiers not to use Shadow Boost, but the two Reduce settings I would always select.

I must be doing something wrong, if I select the "Reduced" settings, I get jagged shadows.

Edited: 15:34  My bad, the jaggies are still there, just not as obvious because the shadows are more subtle.

The reduce settings reduce the fading of shadows that occurs in certain circumstances i.e as visibility reduces or as the incident light angle to the surface changes.

Neither has any impact on the maximum shadow intensity which occurs in unlimited visibility when the sunlight is perpendicular to the surface - which I think is the OP's issue.

Is see that everyone has the problem on the nd. So it is a problem with the pmdg777.. :(

well i be damn :_) from a Danish viking, the light in KSFO and the moves was so amazing to me ,,,, so how do i  get it back then ? now my MCP is always dark and have none reflections and i dont like it.

Sometimes we want the illusion but not the accuracy 

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png