Sign in to follow this  
Demious

How to create own weather theme?

I've been playing around with ASNext and REX Ess, but there I find I can choose a certain weather type by station, but when I setup a flightplan for that weather in another region, the weather I choose is not ported over to where I want to fly.

What I want to do is select different aspects for a weather theme, like moderate snow, light wind, partial overcast, etc, to project that theme onto the flightplan of my choice. For example, if I want to fly in a snowy Norway and at this time there is no snow there, I can create it myself, in another way than try one date after another in hystorical weather archive, hoping to stumble onto what I'm after, probably several hours later...

Is there any addon that is capable of doing this?

Cheers!

Maarten

ASN does it. Go into the ASN app and click on weather mode and set it to "Manual". Then save the weather file. You can then load it in the future. I'm pretty sure P3d does something like that also if you click on the Advanced button in the P3d weather dialog.

Over on the ASN forum I was told this wasnt possible, but I'll have another look at it.

Thanks! :)

Cheers!

Maarten

It is indeed possible in ASN just as jabloomf1230 described above.

You can get a METAR from anywhere in the world, edit it as you see fit and apply it over an area or even globally, and you can save/load the conditions you've created for later use.

I use it to tone down the weather where I'm flying when real world conditions are more than my machine can handle (usually editing out rain or snow), and it works great.

Richard P. Kelly

I tried this last week, and although it would save, the saved weather settings were not present when I reloaded it.  Tried it numerous times.

I haven't had time to investigate further, but once I check a few things if it's still the same I'll pass it along to Daveo at HiFi....

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

it would save, the saved weather settings were not present when I reloaded it.

I indeed notice the same thing.

Cheers!

Maarten