Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RancidViper

Lens Flare doesn't show up!

Hi Guys,

I recently noticed that my lens flare doesn't work. I just get a bright glare when I look towards the sun, but the lens flare effect is not there. Not in spot view or VC.

I'm running FSX in DX10 but it doesn't work in DX9 either. Bloom and Lens Flare are both on. When I deselect Bloom I don't get the Glare or the Flare!

Here's what it looks like!

SK7Ll.jpg

The 'flare.bmp' files are in the Texture folder, and they also get called up in the 'suneffect.cfg' so I'm not sure what the problem is!  :huh:

Intel Core i7-6700k CPU Overclocked to 4.50GHz - 16GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce GTX980ti 6GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit

EDIT : It did work before!

Anyone? Will a repair work? And if I do a repair does that mean I have to install my addons and DX10 libraries again?

Intel Core i7-6700k CPU Overclocked to 4.50GHz - 16GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce GTX980ti 6GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Try the spot view again, lens flare does show outside of the aircraft in spot view.  You will never see lens flare from the virtual cockpit.

Nope doesn't work in spot view either. Although it did before.

Ok so just an update, the lens flare seems to work in the World Cam in Ezdok. But not in Spot View. I have it enabled in the Camera.cfg but is there anywhere else I need to check?

Does ezdok have a separate file for the camera's?

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

34%
    $8,535.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now