Sign in to follow this  
RancidViper

Lens Flare doesn't show up!

Hi Guys,

I recently noticed that my lens flare doesn't work. I just get a bright glare when I look towards the sun, but the lens flare effect is not there. Not in spot view or VC.

I'm running FSX in DX10 but it doesn't work in DX9 either. Bloom and Lens Flare are both on. When I deselect Bloom I don't get the Glare or the Flare!

Here's what it looks like!

SK7Ll.jpg

The 'flare.bmp' files are in the Texture folder, and they also get called up in the 'suneffect.cfg' so I'm not sure what the problem is!  :huh:

EDIT : It did work before!

Anyone? Will a repair work? And if I do a repair does that mean I have to install my addons and DX10 libraries again?

Try the spot view again, lens flare does show outside of the aircraft in spot view.  You will never see lens flare from the virtual cockpit.

Ok so just an update, the lens flare seems to work in the World Cam in Ezdok. But not in Spot View. I have it enabled in the Camera.cfg but is there anywhere else I need to check?

Does ezdok have a separate file for the camera's?